Tuesday, August 01, 2006

July 31 2006

Dear Loved Ones,

We Praise and Thank God for all the wonderful blessings He generously showered upon us for the month of July, as we look forward for His continuous Love, Mercy and Kindness for the coming months!!

July was very hectic for us with the many milestones and exciting events happening in our family lives. My professional life was fruitful as well as my superiors took recognition of my effort and performance for the past three months, to give me a substantial increase (in $s per hour). Normally, performance evaluation is done, and then salary increase is granted after 6 months or 1-year period of service. So they said I was an exception to the rule. All the senior officers I worked with were one in saying that my performance far exceeded their expectations and I deserved an increase, that I was grossly underpaid. My immediate boss David, however, was dissatisfied with the increase given to me, that I deserved more based on his recommendation. I thanked him and told him that I was happy with it and the philosophy about the “buttonhole that fits the button” (my income fits my expenses right now), but he said I can always ‘rip up the buttonhole to accommodate for bigger button.’ he-he-he. Actually, I was told about the increase on the Monday that my husband Gerry arrived here, so in a way, he was my lucky charm! I was overwhelmed by their recognition and I appreciate it very much, I really could use the increase to pay for my home mortgage. See how amazing God’s love is!

We sent off Gerry to NJ to spend time with our daughter’s family for 3 weeks on July 1, while we kept busy with preparing for our move to our new home. I did my new home orientation on July 14, closed escrow on the same day, got my new home keys on July 19, started accepting our appliance deliveries on Friday, July 21 (like refrigerator, washer, dryer, 50 “ television, etc. – those that were not part of the home package), then our final move was done early Saturday morning July 22. From our apartment, we brought only two small beds, two collapsible tables and our personal effects. For all other essential furniture, we had to buy everything new from Naturwood, all delivered that same day, Thank God everything went smooth, like clockwork!. Sean and I really had a very tiring day, but we had to wake up early to go to Sunday Mass and drive to San Francisco to fetch Gerry, to enjoy a week in our new home!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It was providential that Sean finished his summer classes on July 20, so he spent the rest of his time bonding with his father and attending to the needs of our new home. Father and son took charge of entertaining callers to our home, like construction finishing touches, utilities installation like Comcast for Internet and Cable TV, telephone connections, measurement for blinds, ADT home security installation (Gerry was very particular about this aspect). I would have settled for a simpler cover, but he insisted for a more sophisticated security cover. Now, our home security set-up is like the “Mr. & Mrs. Smith” environment. High tech! By the way, Sean got A’s for his two summer subjects – Statistics and Philosophy of Religion!

Our blinds needed more time to install, so we are like living inside an aquarium where people outside can see us if they wanted to, but this is America, who cares! Well, life is more exciting! But once the blinds come in, our situation will become normal! Everything has been moving well as planned, the fulfillment of our American dream – Gerry and Sean really enjoyed arranging stuff in our new home, cooking, watching the big TV, feeling domesticated – they do not want to leave the house- yes, how awesome is God’s Generosity and Love!

But Gerry had to leave for Pinas yesterday, so we brought him to SFO airport again, for his trip back home. Everything good comes to an end, so enjoy it while it lasts! Mixed feelings again, but I am sure Gerry enjoyed his short stay here, all the things he wished for our new home came true! Our new address is at:

4368 Anatolia Drive
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
U.S.A.

Our new home phone no. is (916) 294 0806and my cell phone no. is (916) 532-3249. I close my cell phone when I am at work, and my daytime work phone no. is (916) 924-7000 ext. 1623. To all of you who might happen to be in this side of America, I invite you to come visit us, stay with us – we have two spare rooms – and be at home with us!

Let us continue to pray for our country and people. God Bless us all!!!

Much love and Best Regards!!!
SUSAN BG

For my complete journals, please visit www.sbgerardo.blogspot.com Thank you!

No comments: