Thursday, May 31, 2007

Dear Loved Ones,

Wishing everyone enjoyable summer in the U.S., rainy days in Pinas. Thank God the election heat had subsided, and thank you all for the votes to Sen. Chiz, he landed No. 2 (almost no. 1 per early AMA count). Reality check: Filipino youth comprise 70% of the votes and want youthful leaders, hence young senators were chosen: Escudero, Aquino, Lacson, Honasan, Trillanes, Cayetano, and others. I am glad that Fr. Ed Panlleo won while Garci lost and M. Pacquiao lost to cute Darlene!


Thank God, I arrived safely in Pinas on Tues evening rested and watched Pirates at SM Fairview yesterday, and reported to Fairview Shipping office today to check on mails and send this update. To those who will attend our dinner on Saturday June 2 and have not confirmed with Jessica yet, please call me at my cell no. 0918-920-4562 (Smart), to get accurate head count for reservations at Saisaki West Avenue, Q.C.


I traveled alone from the U.S. since Sean is moving over to California State University Sacramento this fall. Thus, he has to attend the orientation, enrollment and other activities related thereto, so he is left in the U.S.; maybe this January, he can come home with me, God willing!


Last May 12, I am glad to share that I attended my 1st ‘conference for female members of the Opus Dei(OD) organization, directed by an OD priest from SF (San Francisco) at our St. Mel’s parish church here in Sacramento, and will be held every 2nd Saturday of the month thereafter. The conference (9:30 a – 12:00n) included a lecture on doctrine, recollection, Sacrament of Reconciliation and Benediction. In the gathering of 30, there were many Filipinas, coming from Fresno, Vallejo, Solano, etc. and the coordinator Alice Librea also came from Q.C. Habihan Center what a coincidence! So God is making my life fully complete here in Sacramento. As I said earlier these OD activities are what I miss most from Pinas. So to my Pinas OD circle, I am happy to re-affirm all my norms.


Before I left the U.S., on May 19, I was touched again by the goodness of Liklik and Gene Schroeder, the childless couple who had been our support in our Sacramento journeys. Liklik marshaled her friends at her home to host a ‘baby shower party’ for the coming son of Luke and Inger (Cuenco of Cebu) Mejares (due on May 29). Luke is the former falsetto vocalist of South Border band who went solo, and native of Loon, Bohol. The party of 50 crowd enjoyed the games, Luke’s singing, reunion and stories of kabayans, food potluck and to go, from 2 to 8 pm. Guests enjoyed the all-host party and great company, even as we were so amazed at Lik’s energy and kindness, preparing all the details, decorations, favors, etc., going all out to make them happy, considering that the Mejareses were not even relatives, just kabayans in a foreign land. Nevertheless, it is Lik’s nature to be ‘showbiz’. These are wonders of our positive Filipino culture, God is great!


On June 8 Gerry and I will be going to Bohol for the wedding of my god-child in Tagbilaran. I am scheduled to fly back to the U.S. via NW on Sat, June 16.

With the elections over, let us continue to pray for our country and people. Peace and Joy to You. God Bless us all!!! See you in Pinas!
Much love and Best Regards!!!

SUSAN BG

No comments: