Monday, October 31, 2011

Dear Loved Ones,

Pleasant Greetings from SAC-CA, USA! Happy to be back to the routine of American living – household chores, church activities, and helping Sean comply with the needs of US Home-buying / ownership. While doing this, there’s a lot of interruptions / doorbells of trick or treat /ers. Happy Halloween to everyone!

On our SacCatholicForum held at the Radisson Hotel on Oct. 21, we had as speaker Peter Kreeft, on the topic “Muslims, Christianity, and the Culture Wars. He discussed the commonalities and differences of the two cultures, the common love for the Blessed Virgin Mary, what Christians can learn from Muslims. The common beliefs include Love, Fasting, Alms-giving, Family, and special devotion to Mary!

After adjusting to the daily routine of US living, after our memorable European pilgrimage, I re-joined my Tuesday bible study group, Friday Eucharistic adoration commitments and the tedious activities of home-buying. After being pre-approved for home loan mortgage by Citibank, Sean selected his choice home while I was in Europe. The house is within the Anatolia community (with our clubhouse), painted all white, so we decided to do some enhancement. Thus, I helped Sean scout for contractors / suppliers, negotiating for good deals, inspection of interior painting, coordinating all activities. Ultimately, we got Sean’s ideal home – good environment, corner lot, double the size of our 1st home, 5 bedrooms, 3 toilet-bath, 3-car garage,

formal living-dining, family room. I still got the option for the Master’s bedroom. May God bless us for a smooth transition to our new home when we move first week of November!

One of my pilgrim fruit is my volunteer slot at the St. Mel’s parish library which I man after the 9:30AM Sunday mass. We have a massive collection of audio – video materials, books and magazines, mostly donated by parishioners. I spend time until noon, not only to attend to borrowers, but also to update on my readings, like St. Thomas Aquinas’ Summa series. I feel God’s touching hands in my daily life along the journey.

Attached are 4 photos of family and friends’ gathering, and shots of Sean’s new home. Let us continue to pray for our country and people. Peace and Joy to You and God Bless Us All!

Much love and Best Regards!!!

SUSAN BG

No comments: