Friday, October 31, 2014

Dear Loved Ones,

            Pleasant Greetings from Sacramento, CA, USA!  I am happily back to the routine of American living, adjusting to the cool weather, doing household chores, more spiritual focus, after the pleasant direct PAL flight via SFO.  Today, let us all pray for the intersession of all saints in heaven, as we pray for the transition into heaven of all souls in purgatory. Much Thanks GOD!!!

            I am glad that Sean took good care of my indoor plants, managed to keep our home tidy despite his busy work – overall, nice to immerse back on my regular schedule of exercise, diet, medication, more predictable traffic, weather, overall environment; contrasted to the hectic Manila ambience, like the 4-hour drive from QC to NAIA airport via EDSA under heavy rains on that Saturday evening – terrible!

            After getting out my winter stock, we are into layering of attire season, for the cool temperatures, and turning on our home heater system; then back to my church activities, Opus Dei Recollections, Bible studies, adoration chapel commitments. Sean had also been doing some travelling: audit work to San Diego for a week, then to Los Angeles/ Anaheim for consecutive weeks – we only see each other on week-ends; I am really into the contemplative monastic ambiance, what a Blessing!

Other highlights:
·      2nd Saturday Opus Dei Recollection with Fr. Turlock, confession, benediction, reuniting with my Circle;
·      On Oct. 18, Sean’s K of C had its ‘Oktoberfest’ dinner at the new Parish Center attended by a crowd of 200, featuring silent auction raffle; Sean was applauded for his piano performance of ‘Nocturne’, surprising people with is talent;
·      I watched the beauty and splendor of the beatification rites for Pope Paul VI, streamed Live over EWTN TV at 2 – 5AM Sac time;
·      Had lunch with Lik and Gene Schroeder at their Roseville home, then Lik and I had dinner at my Ate Nen’s home also in Roseville; they are neighbors actually;
·      Through Lik’s FB posting, I got connected to former classmates (Leonila Lim-Ang and Pewee Agoncillo) who invited me to a Reunion of the College of the Holy Spirit (where I went for my 1st year high school) batch 1965 to join them in July 2015; to be held in Panglao, Bohol;
·      Our St. Augustine Academy (SAGA) 1965 Class is celebrating our Golden anniversary on February 21, 2015. As Valedictorian of our group, I initiated to form our FB Group ‘SAGA 1965 Golden Reunion’ aimed to invite / spread info about the event, in order to maximize attendance / participation to our Reunion on Feb. 21, 2015. Eight had already committed attendance; and we pray for the success of our golden reunion;
·      I am back to the routine of communicating by YM to my folks in Pinas; Gerry and Fairview Shipping staff are so busy in ‘operations’ with the crewing of new vessels from TOEI, with the help of resident ‘Ueda San’; thanks GOD for the continuous opportunity to help our countrymen – Gerry is so inspired;
·      Movies watched (I miss the free SM movies) include: The Judge, The Best of Me, Brad Pitt’s Fury, (Sarah recommended) Gone Girl;

Attached are 4 photos with family and friends. Let us continue to pray for our country and people. Peace and Joy to You and God Bless Us All!

Much love and Best Regards!!!




SUSAN BG

No comments: