Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Dear Loved Ones,

            Pleasant Greetings from Manila, Philippines! I am glad to decide on spending the Lenten season here with all the traditions that come with it like Retreats, recollections, community prayers, and many others; after 9 years of missing these Lenten rituals, much Thanks GOD! HAPPY EASTER TO ALL!!!

My daily Masses are divided between Sto. Domingo Church and the Holy Sacrifice Church at UP, complemented by the EWTN Masses and the retreats of Fr. Wade Menezes and .other priests. I basked in the glory and splendor of the colorful traditions and rites  of the Catholic churches such as the stations of the Cross, ‘pabasa’, siete palabras. And many rituals; the special prayers after Mass, such as prayers for peace and reconciliation, prayers for Pope Francis, for the Middle East are so touching, always move me to tears.

Continuous meet-ups with friends always come with either lunch or dinner, like the birthday lunch with Ms. Cora, dinner with Tess and Chito, lunch meeting with the Philippines – Norway Business Council with Peter Wallace as speaker who presented the current business-political environment, and meeting with my partners in our Nordic Ventures Consultancy Company. Sadly, the Pnoy Aquino administration is at its lowest popularity now as shown in the survey conducted during the meeting. I hope this will tide over and Pnoy survives the crisis for the good of the country.

On the business side, FSAC is enjoying continuous prosperity, THANKS GOD, as we continue helping people. Actually, my activity schedule had been programmed by Jessica, relative to the requirements for the renewal of our License. Thus, I had to attend seminars for shipping executives at the POEA, renew my NBI clearance which had been scheduled on-line but I have to appear physically for the needed picture-taking; signing of renewal documents, and many other important tasks. Simultaneously, I was kept busy shopping for the furnishings of our newly-blessed condo unit at 24H, 8 Forbestown Road, West Crescent Park Road, Forbestown Cnter, Bonifacio Global, Taguig City, Metro Manila. Getting around Metro Manila malls and shopping area was a very exciting experience! Supervising the deliveries and installation works, scheduling were challenging as well, engineer again!

I was looking forward to my Mondays and Tuesdays in QC for my free movie days, after my noon UP Mass, go straight to the mall for movies, shopping, food, with Senior discounts, including free parking. Truly, it’s more fun in the Philippines! My co-golden jubilarians in Panglao continue to communicate with me and I enjoy their love and concern – real renewal of friendships for a lifetime.

Other Highlights:
·      Movies watched for free: That Thing Called Tadhana, Kingsmen-The Secret Service, Crazy Beautiful You, , Kidnapping – Freddie Heineken, Unfinished Business, The Gunman, starring Sean Penn,  Cinderella.
·      Continues meet-ups over food with my NVSC partners and friends;
·      I enjoyed the of my assistants, cadets  Steven and Rover who served as my driver; the good news is that both of them joined on board vessels on my last week there; they left ahead of me; so happy for them!

Attached are 4 photos with family and friends. Let us continue to pray for our country and people. Peace and Joy to You and God Bless Us All!

Much love and Best Regards!!!




SUSAN BG

No comments: