Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Dear Loved Ones,

            Pleasant Greetings from Sacramento, CA, USA! We are now the fall season with the morning cool breeze, midday warmth, then back to the evening breeze; bidding goodbye to the summer heat. I am still focused though, on my spiritual commitments, especially with Pope Francis’ recent USA visit.

September is Virgo month: Sarah’s birthday on September 7, while mine was September 20 – so much to Thank God for all the Blessings – good health, peace, joy, love always! As in past years, I went to an Opus Dei retreat for meaningful celebration of my natal day. Thus, when Pope Francis arrived, I was ready for reflective mood. Likewise, on our Epic Bible class, that week our Sir Claude also had his birthday, and Rose, Kaye and I took charge of snacks. Instead, we planned for a surprise party for Claude: pre=ordered cake with his name, sandwiches, fruits, salad, and Card. It was such fulfilling feeling organizing a Birthday party for another, forgetting about yourself: that was Love! Our class of 20 who signed on the card I prepared was so impressed, and everybody had fun!!! Nobody else knew it was my special day too.

I was focused on all the activities of the Pope as he went around Washington, New York, and Philadelphia: watching the beauty and splendor of the Masses and ceremonies. I am glad too that Sarah and Max participated in a fund-raising activity for Philippines children with Cardinal Luis Tagle in Pennsylvania, related to the Family conference. The week was so grace and spirit-filled. It was culminated with our attendance to doctrine class in Berkeley with Julie and Myra.

Other highlights of the month:
·      I continuously serve as Eucharistic Minister (Eucharist or Precious Blood) twice a month. To prepare for worthiness to serve, I pray a lot, do fasting, and mortification. Please help me Lord!
·      Good news! On our weekly FSAC business update with Capt. G., he informed that our shipping Principal is giving four (4) additional new vessels for us to man: meaning, additional manpower employment, more people and families we could help. I always hope and pray that we can recruit more competent officers and crew for these international vessels: GOD, please send us more qualified seafarers, Thank You!!!
·      Had the preventive maintenance of Sean’s Nissan Sentra at Roseville, then went on my regular food shopping at Oriental; keep our home always clean to be ready for unexpected visitors to drop by; I am spending more time at the Adoration, especially when Marge calls me to sub for others who cannot make it to their committed schedule; it means more time communicating with the Lord;
·      My new convert friend Hanh had been very busy keeping me at work; following the Pope’s itinerary, she keeps on e-mailing me asking clarificatory queries on spiritual ceremonies which seemed new to her, and I have to respond within minutes, since I did not want to fail her.  She is very persistent, especially on meanings of terms, and my opinions on our faith. Thus, I am challenged to really think hard and review the tenets of our faith, to be true and faithful to our Catholic teachings,; Thanks God for this opportunity!
·      Movies watched: ‘The Transporter’ starring Ed Kren; the movie was filmed in France / Europe, with the beautiful sceneries, followed by lunch at FAT’S Bistro; and ‘The Maze Runner 2’; followed by lunch at Romano’s Grill.
·      Books read: God is Near Us, by Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger, and The Faith of our Fathers.




Attached are 4 photos with family and friends. Let us continue to pray for our country and people. Peace and Joy to You and God Bless Us All!

No comments: