Friday, June 30, 2017

Dear Loved Ones,

            Pleasant Greetings from Sacramento, CA, USA! Days of June were a series of adventures, renewals, and celebrations. First off, my husband Gerry and I celebrated our 43rd wedding anniversary! Much Thanks GOD for your Love, Kindness, and Generosity; for the blissful life!

Coincidentally, I attended the Christian Life Program (CLP) No. 10 offered by the BCBP held at Vallombrosa Retreat Center at Menlo Park, CA on June 2 – 4, 2017 aimed to enhance Spirituality. Actually, it was my 5th CLP program, the previous 4 were always with my husband in Pinas (CLP with PREX, with CLSS, with Marriage Enhancement, then with Couples for Christ). Since the BCBP officers were insisting BCLP10 to be new, I acceded to go for renewal and celebrate my anniversary. I had a meaningful face to face Confession and Conversation with Fr. Patrick, O.P, Director of the Center; there are various ways how GOD move our lives, we just discern well!

My grandson Max celebrated two occasions: his graduation from middle-school on June 20, and his 15th birthday on July 3. Congratulations MAX on the double milestones in your life! We are so proud of you – he got an Outstanding Academic Achievement Certificate signed by President Trump, he is so tall at 5’5”, such a good boy and so handsome! I truly admire how my daughter Sarah takes good care of him; she really means to give the best for her son!

We had Mass and potluck gathering on June 9 at St. Mel’s to celebrate the Feast of St. Josemaria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei; nice crowd of OD families, new Faces / members; I brought Turkey Roulade to share; On our Tuesday Bible Study, I was actively engaged as our leader Frank always pointed to me for clarifications and get my insights on questions raised by the diverse attendees, some were 1st timers, so we always had lively discussions!

Other highlights for the month:
·      Two-way Communications with all family members had been greatly enhanced since my hospitalization; Gerry calls me daily at 3:30 PM SAC time, 6:30 AM Pinas time, as soon as he wakes up before going to Mass; Sarah and Sean always checks up on me;
·      On Father’s Day, Sean treated me for dinner at the 5-star Ruth’s Chris Steak House, in honor of his Dad!
·      Movies watched for relaxation were: Wonder Woman, starring Gal Gadot, The Mummy featuring Tom Cruise, Transformers, the Last Knight; Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Men Tell No Tales;
·      Attended the B CBP Breakfast gathering at Denny’s meeting 3rd Saturday of June; as new CLP graduates the energy / enthusiasm was high; we had as sharers couple Jay and Ruby Dejaresco from Pinas; also had BCBP President Abellana and wife as guests;
·      Our neighborhood was excited on the opening of the Raley’s Grocery, part of a new commercial complex called Sunridge Plaza in our area; I attended the inauguration on June28 with large crowd and city officials, and enjoyed the freebies handed out;
·      Fr. Wade Menezes celebrated Mass at EWTN for two weeks, and I always like his inspirational sharing. I am always enlightened by his new insights;

Much love and Best Regards!!!



SUSAN BG

No comments: