Friday, August 31, 2012


Dear Loved Ones,

            Pleasant Greetings from Sac, CA, USA! We are in the midst of summer heat, experiencing 3-digits by 2pm; the wonderful part is that early mornings and evenings are cool and breezy in our Sac area!

Watching summer Olympic Games occupied my time during the first half of the month, especially volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, track and field - trying hard to emulate the abs/bodies of those gorgeous ladies, nice role models! Watching their fit physique strengthened my resolve to do more in exercises and diet.  Definitely, cheering all the time for Team USA!

I resumed my monthly attendance to our catholic Lunch Club on August 17 at the Westlake Hotel with Bishop Jaime Soto as speaker on the topic “Reflections on Vatican II: Dignitatis Humanae (DH)”. Starting on Oct. 12, 2012, being declared the year of Faith, we are called on to exercise our religious freedom. DH asserted the rights of persons and communities to social and civil freedoms on religious matters; especially on current challenges to religious liberties. Bishop Soto reminded that after 50 years  of VaticanII (1962), we must review, read, understand better to serve the dignity of human person; civil society should protect itself against threats to religious liberty. The Truth is God revealed Himself through His son Jesus to be united with mankind, through the Holy Eucharist. We are therefore responsible to witness, worship, express the Freedom to know, love, and serve God!




I brought my BMW for maintenance/checkup; the service assistant went over it comprehensively, advised to leave it for thorough evaluation. With my extended warranty contract, I was given a replacement vehicle for the duration of my car’s absence, which lasted 7 days. My car was returned in great shape, good as new. I was so blessed that day that the Service Manager himself, Alan Carr, attended to me. I enjoyed all the amenities and convenience; he not only provided customer satisfaction, but truly delightful. My overall rating for the service was excellent – outstanding!

Other highlights for the month:
·      With our new grill, we had barbeque at home with my various month-long marinated stuff: beef steak, chicken thighs, pork chops, fish belly, hotdogs; enjoyed and shared with friends: Mert and Dr. Edna, Rich and Yollie with kids Ross and Ryan. We also had dinner at Elephant Bar with Fr. George and Joanne;  
·      Sean moved over to his new higher position at EDD Power Inn on August 12; so came the farewell/welcome lunches and parties. His Pinoy group had potluck dinner at home on Aug. 16 with lots of food: barbecue chicken, pancit, steamed fish, lamb chops, veggies. I prepared salad mac, another pancit, desert, rice, and drinks; followed by the ever-present karaoke singing. Seemed that all enjoyed the party, attended by Rose and Don, Amy and Lee, Gerry, Bernardo, Aquiles, Indian guy who got promoted too, Becky, and Levy;
·      Watched the movie Bourne Legacy which was filmed partly in Pinas, featuring the breathtaking motorcycle chase scenes of Jeremy Renner and Rachel Wiecz, beautiful Palawan, and some funny dialogues in Pilipino, typical of Bourne films using local dialects;
·       Read 2 version books on the Saints by Pope Benedict XVI: Doctors of the Church and    Church Fathers. I focused on St. Augustine as tribute on his Feast on August 28 who is our Panglao, Bohol big fiesta patron saint; then St Thomas Aquinas, and all the other saints;

I join the Pinoy nation in grieving the loss of DILG chief Jesse Robredo. I had the chance to meet him sometime in 1995 when I handled a training class for NPC personnel on Occupational Safety and Health Standards held at the Lake Buhi Hydro Plant in Naga, then we went around the Bicol area, Legaspi and Tiwi. He was then Naga City Mayor; since then I followed his career and amazed by his accomplishments and determination. I was his fan since then - my prayers for him.

 Attached are 4 photos with family and friends. Let us continue to pray for our country and people. Peace and Joy to You and God Bless Us All!

Much love and Best Regards!!!
SUSAN BG

No comments: