Saturday, March 08, 2014

Dear Loved Ones,
            Pleasant Greetings from Manila, Philippines! It is the 2nd month of my Pinas sojourn and I am enjoying immensely the climate, culture, food, family, friends, business, corporate ambience of FSAC, and many more – wide spectrum of choices – low, medium, high ends of Pinas -  the flexibility and happiness of enjoying them all, Thanks GOD!

Saturday – Tuesday in my El Jardin del Presidente condo in Q.C. keep me grounded to the independent American lifestyle, while Wednesday – Friday allow me the la vida loca Pinas style with all the support systems, LOL. Oh well, enjoying the best of both worlds! 

Meet-ups and reunions always feature foods, so photo-ops are done with tabletops of various meals/drinks in many places around town. On Chinese New Year which is colorfully celebrated here with our big Fil-Chinese community, Donna Kwok texted with her greetings that she added Sean and me to her Facebook account, and this is a surprise development. Since our OD retreat, Cecille had been my regular UP noon Mass mate followed by lunch enjoying our Sr. citizen’s discounts; can you beat that? Mondays and Tuesdays are frees-movie days in Q.C. so I’ve set dates with my chika friends, LOL!


Continued with my Condo-viewing activities, affording me the high-end (since Gerry decided on the Bonfifacio Global City (BGC) area, we then focused on that vicinity; such as Belagio Towers 1, 2, 3, No. 8 Forbestown Road is Gerry’s choice.

Other highlights:
·      Even after leaving Napocor 18 years ago, I still got my share for the sale of a Powerplant (Irisan), so I got my check last Feb 11 which afforded a visit to NPC Diliman office; I got to meet some officials  who are still there like U. Mendiola (VP-Corporate Affairs, D. Sedilla (VP-Eng’g), L. Tuazon-Dy (VP-Finance/Admin);
·      UST – Eng’g Alumni Homecoming Dinner (hosted by class 1989) with Mass by Rector Fr. Dagohoy and Regent Fr. Boy Loanzon;
·      UST- Graduate School 75th Anniversary with Dinner at Manila Hotel (Feb 22), Filipiniana theme – colorful grand event; Got to reunite with friends DRS. Nancy Cabreara, Eric Torres, Jose Benedicto,Bobby Gabiola,  and many others; Gerry and I checked in at the hotel to relax for the week-end then, we enjoyed buffet breakfast after Mass at Sto. Domingo church – quite memorable!
·      Lunch-meeting with the Phil.-Norway Business Council, where our Nordic Ventures is a corporate member, so Arlene invited me to attend where I got to meet Janicke, Ozone, Atty. Dixie and other officers of SN Power; Guest Speaker was Atty. Jay Layug, former Energy Secretary;
·      Reunion-Lunch with friends: The Palenzuelas (Tony, Lucy, Buboy, Malou and 2 girls) at Sumo Sam Shangrila EDSA, then Starbucks; Gerry did some shopping at Rustan’s, the high-end Pinas store; Likewise, lunch with Agnes Robles at Magnolia Robinson’s with a movie; Merienda with Glo Tadeo at Via Mare Trinoma with her kids: Architect, Civil Engineer and Accountant;
·      Attended Rel Estate sales event of owners: Century Properties, Ayala Land, and other developers; gained interesting insights on their Marketing strategies
·      Met other Japanese representatives: Ikemura and Amemiya Sans; they are rotating visiting Pinas and enjoying their time here;
·      With Gerry’s extended stay in Japan (till Feb. 10), I got the feel of tedious and topy-turvy details of business life in Pinas;

Attached are 4 photos with family and friends. Let us continue to pray for our country and people. Peace and Joy to You and God Bless Us All!

Much love and Best Regards!!!

SUSAN BG



No comments: