Friday, January 31, 2014

Dear Loved Ones,






          Pleasant Greetings from Manila, Philippines! With God’s Kindness, I am enjoying the pleasant Pinas weather (Jan. – Mar 2014; avoiding the winter outfit layering in America and  consistent with my ‘enjoy the best of both worlds’ hope – true rewards for His Faithfulness and Grace; Thanks GOD!

Since arriving Pinas Jan. 6 via DELTA air thru Narita, I am dividing my time between 4 days at my El Jardin condo (Sat. to Tues) in Q.C., and 3 days (Wed to Friday) at FSAC office in Malate, Manila; eating out / meeting up with friends, daily Masses, and other social whirls. Mondays / Tuesdays in Q.C. are for the free movie days and other amenities for senior citizens. After weeks of eating out on Buffets, I have learned to decline and prefer to dine a la carte, to focus on my MED diabetic discipline; still with fresh mango meal-day.

Finally, we had our FSAC office refurbished with the construction of an access sliding door between the 2-units, resulting to a single-door entrance, wider and brighter office space, smoother flow of office transactions, spacious room for waiting customers/visitors – everybody happier!!! We had 3 Japanese representatives (Kita, Yamada, and Fujimoto Sans) in Manila.  Our Crewing Manager Mar celebrated his birthday on Jan. 16 and had a merienda party at the office – barbecue, pancit bijon, spaghetti, cake, ice cream, drinks, etc. Then we invited Fujimoto san for his birthday dinner on Saturday at Saisaki, with Fr. Richard Ang, O.P. (UST Vice-Rector), Patrick and Ely. Gerry is thoroughly enjoying being the Boss of FSAC. While he is on business trip to Japan this week, I am feeling CEO at the office; though I still find it difficult to make use of the 8 uniformed cadets at my beck and call, in addition to office staff. Compare this to the senior executives in America, queuing for the photocopying machines and coffee at the break room.  What pleasant advantages for Pinas executives!  
On my 1st week here were colorful events: Feast of the Back Nazarene of Quiapo – holiday, long procession from Luneta to Quiapo; Gerry and I went to SM Manila to relax but since we could not get a taxi, we took an exciting tricycle ride back to our office. Gerry suggested to take a selfie, but I did not have my phone with me – unforgettable experience – true flexibility! The following day Friday, Gerry and I renewed our drivers’ license at LTO SM Manila; from there we proceeded to Buffet 102 at MOA for Joya’s Lunch treat with FSAC staff. Joya is my former staff, who is now based in Singapore with her husband Alvin (also an FSAC crew); they have kept in touch and it’s so nice for her to treat us while I’m here – much thanks Joya! The following week was a series of lunch outs with Arlene M. and Ozone A., my partners at NVSC at the Centro in Bonifacio Global City (BGC), followed by condo viewing in Makati of Megaworld properties; then dinner later that evening with my fave couple – Chito and Tess Santiago, at Kenji Japanese resto at Greenbelt 5 Makati. Everytime I am in Pinas, I meet up with them; their son Dr. Daryl is my baptismal inaanak. My 2nd Tuesday  was spent with Ms. Cora of NPC; with her vehicle, she fetched me at El Jardin to proceed to SMNE, lunch at Aristocrat, then to a movie – My Little Bossings for me, Lone Survivor for her, then to snacks at Grace Café; As sr. citizens, we use our privileges – free movies, and discounts – I have exciting stories on proving I am a Sr. citizen here. What a wonderful Living!     

Other highlights:
·      I took my annual Opus Dei Retreat last week at the West Wing Makiling, together with 30 others, part of my rituals; new friends, like Cecille Caballero who kindly shared her Starex van with her hubby Reggie;
·       Weekly Staff meetings with FSAC employees are aimed to improve operations, in addition to individual performance feedback;
·      Communications with families/friends through my low-tech CP no. +63939-606-1024;

Attached are 4 photos with family and friends. Let us continue to pray for our country and people. Peace and Joy to You and God Bless Us All!

Much love and Best Regards!!!
SUSAN BG


No comments: