Saturday, September 30, 2017

Dear loved ones,

            Pleasant Greetings from Montclair, New Jersey, USA! I am on my periodic visit to my daughter Sarah’s family to bond with them, especially with my 15 year old grandson MAX who calls me Mama Sue. Actually, I took good care of him for 8 days while his mom was on field work in Dublin, Ireland as Project Manager of Bristol Myers Squibb.

The month was a series of birthday celebrations of Love babies (made in December). Celebrants include: Sarah – September 7; Mama Mary/Blessed Virgin – Sept. 8; Fr. Aldrin B. – Sept. 8; Fr. Cormac L. – Sept. 12; myself – Sept. 20, and many more. For Fr. Cormac, after Mass, his Mommy Fe L. hosted breakfast at Coco’s Restaurant with 10 ladies and Fr. Giovanni. On my birthday, Fr. Cormac offered special intentions at his 12:00 noon Mass, then we had lunch at Red Lobster with Tita Philomena S. and Ate Fe L. where the crew sang the Birthday song as I blew candle on ice cream cake. Later, Sean and I watched American Assassin movie, followed by dinner at Visconti’s in Palladio, Folsom. With all the greetings of best wishes and gifts, my birthday was truly memorable!!!   

For my health insurance coverage, I returned back to Kaiser Permanente from Anthem Blue, where I was covered several years ago, so I chose doctors with the help of our friend Dr. Edna Tanegra. Effective Oct. 1, I will be busy adjusting to my new coverage.

Significant impressions on my MAX visit: He is a very high-functioning ADHD kid, with very photographic memory, needs minimal supervision, and does all tasks that he had been trained well, especially on maintaining personal hygiene. On our 1st night together, he expressed appreciation that I was there to take good care of him, followed all the routines that his Mom listed as guide / reminders. On Wednesday when his Speech Therapist Ms. P. came, he was very focused and cooperated well. At the end of their session, Ms. P. gave feedback, that MAX was so focused and did very well in their exercises, showed me the remarks on their worksheet: ‘Excellent, 100%”. I am just sad that with the current situation of Max going back and forth on schooldays, he is moved like a puzzle. There is no consistency, no regularity / permanency that affects his self-confidence! I am really sad about this!!!

Sean followed me to New Jersey on Thursday, so we spent time visiting  our relatives Francis and Tita Dompor family in Clifton, went shopping to the Mills, New Jersey Gardens Outlets in Elizabeth, sightseeing;

Other highlights for the month:
·      Continuous planning on the proposed expansion of FSAC business operations, consistent with the idea of Yorozu San and company;
·      Our parish has moved the weekly Coffee Joe to Sunday after Mass to allow parishioners social interaction. We shared table with our new Musical director Aaaron, who truly use his artistry in piano and voice to make people look forward to our Masses. Good decision Fr. Aldrin!
·      I continue with my support to our Vocations ministry where I suggested that my monthly donation be allocated as follows: 50% goes to Diocesan Vocations (c/o Fr. Jovito); 50% for St. Mel’s distributed to: 30% for Sem. Benjamin Condon, and 20% for other Ministry projects;
·      Our Opus Dei resumed meeting where Fr. Turlock is back to hear Confessions, Recollection, Meditation, and Deidre’s talk;
·      When Sarah arrived from Ireland, we spent Saturday enjoying and relaxing at the Six Flags Adventure Park in Jackson, New Jersey. Sean and Eric took all the breathtaking thrill rides, while Sarah and I settled for the less-risk rides like cable car, Hall of Justice, Houdini, while I went alone on the Ferris wheel.

Much love and Best Regards!!!
SUSAN BG




No comments: