Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Dear loved ones,

            Pleasant Greetings from Manila, Philippines! A week after my New Jersey sojourn and back in SAC, CA, I flew directly to Manila by PAL105 from San Francisco on October 8, then settled at my El Jerdin del Presidente 9J condo unit with the best balcony view of Bohol Ave. (Sgt. Esguerra), QC, especially with its active nightlife scenes.

The following days were a series of meet-ups with friends and relatives over lunches and dinners, and catching up on free movies like The Kingsman, Seven Sundays, Last Night, and Thor (The Ragnarok); meeting with Architects couple Tess and Chito Santiago for the floor plans of our proposed 5-storeys building on Padre Faura St. (near Paco Park) for expansion of our business operations. To help negotiations on this project are our lawyer Atty. Salian and CPA Ms. Doray for a business meeting over lunch at the new Ceda Vertis Hotel located at the Ayala complex, QC. In that area too, inside Landmark in Trinoma, I discovered the Out Mary Mother of Hope Chapel, which became my refuge / hang-out place attending the daily 11:30 AM Mass, then after praying at the Adoration Chapel. Many of my local friends are amazed how I discovered the Church (it is so huge) they did not know existed. It was opened only in late May 2017, so everything is modern, cold, comfortable pews, and state-of-the-art audio / video amenities. I feel so blessed to become part of the congregation!!! M y regular eating places after Mass is Via Mare, Italiani’s, or French Baker.

One of my missions is to accompany my husband Gerry to the U.S. Embassy to give up his Green card, to change for a Non-Immigrant U.S. visa. He was the only person seeking that status, that the clerk made sure to ask: “Are you willing to give up the benefits and privileges of U.S. citizenship and not claiming any further benefits?” to which we answered ‘No, definitely not!”. The reason for giving up: ‘Could not find a stable job’, since Gerry was definitely enjoying the perks and benefits of running our international shipping business, aside from the blessings of helping our countrymen improve their lives and their families earning US dollars for the Philippine economy.

Our trip to Bohol was a major highlight of my Pinas travel since it allowed me to visit my family – my brother Kuya Rudy / Salia, and clan, visit my parents graves in the Cloma Mausoleum in Panglao. I was accompanied by husband Gerry and C/E Julito Fuego, our new FSAC Crewing Manager. After we checked in at Kew Hotel in Tagbilaran, we had dinner at Juli and wife Geraldine home, who served Lechon, many seafoods, and many delicious food array. The following day, we had bonding over lunch with the Mijares (Salia’s) family. Then we toured around new beautiful sights in Panglao, like the Be Grand Hotel with its 5-star amenities, nice view and beach, at the Tawala side of Henan Resort. We had snacks of coffee and blueberry cream pie. For dinner, C/E Efren and Zenaida Cloma were host at their home, who served another Lechon, native chicken, seafoods, and many more; in addition, we had a live entertainer of 2-men guitars who performed vocal and danceable tunes to the enjoyment of everyone, including the diamond ladies teachers. It served as Reunion with my contemporaries. Fun the entire evening of songs and dances!!!

Other highlights for the month:
·      Continuous planning on the proposed expansion of FSAC business operatgion. SEC approval for the Name  of the new holding Company: Starshine Corporation (my choice name);
·      Gerry and I, invited by Capt. T. Palenzuela, attended dinner-dance for the New Governance Installation of the BCBP Manila Chapter; were introduced as guests from the Sacrmanto/ San Fancisco Chapter, greeted by BCBP Pres. Abellana, and many others. Gerry and I enjoyed ballroom dancing as exercise with our DI partners that Gerry referred to me as the Dancing Queen thereon; Venue was The New World Hotel in Malate, Manila.
·      Nordic Ventures sponsored me to attend the Nordic Ambassadors Luncheon: Corporate Sustainability, held at Shang-rila The Fort Hotel in BCG on Oct. 26; Got to visit The Green Energy Exhibit at the Lobby with many European/USA/ASEAN companies – grand time for Networking!
·      Meet-ups, lunches, bonding with Ms. Agnes R. at Robinson’s Magnolia; lunch with Redgie and Cecille Caballero at Via Mare (they introduced me to Landmark church – much Thanks!); lunch with Cruz family (Gammy, Grace, Gustav, and Jannine) at Italiani’s;
·      Our favorite Sunday morning breakfast place is Lin’s Kitchen (across Hi-top) on Bohol Ave., serving all Congees, siomai, chicken feet, siopao;
·      I was disappointed, upset, and sorry to lose the plants that I cared for more than 20 years. Apparently, the FSAC staff do not share my value for love of Plants, and care for other living things; they are just self-absorbed on themselves; well, time for detachment, letting go, and moving forward! St. Thomas Aquinas, Pray for me!

Much love and Best Regards!!!
SUSAN BG





No comments: